I cannot believe "Thanksgiving holidays" are over! I am quite confused as to where the week went, but I enjoyed it thoroughly! I was able to lunch with Kelly Edwards, one of my besties who I don't see NEAR enough and enjoy a chick flick with my movie partner, Regan on Wednesday (Hint... "Love and Other Drugs" is a slight porno, so be warned... but it is really good).
Thursday was wonderful spending time with all of our family- we are so blessed! We started our day with Colby's family at his Mom and Dad's- yummmmy... Then around 3:30 we headed over to my parents house for dinner- more yumminess! Friday was a fun day too- My sister and I loaded up around 8:30 to head to the Black Friday Miskelly's sale- which led me to looking until noon, talked Colby into coming back with me and around 2:00 Colby and I FINALLY purchased new living room furniture! It was so worth the long decision process... because it is going to look FAB! I can't wait until December 17th- yay! Here is a sneak peak of the sofa we purchased...
We also got two accent chairs and a coffee table, MUCH needed since we are using the beautiful but worn furniture from Colby's college days...
After we finished our shopping, Colby headed off for an afternoon hunt... and LOOK. He was successful! A 205lb 9 point buck! He was so excited, and I was so happy for him! YAY!
Way to go, baby!
The week has left me feeling relaxed, renewed, and ready to finish out the year of 2010! In K5, we begin our "Happy Birthday Jesus" play practice tomorrow... I am so excited about this! They are going to be so precious singing Christmas hymns to Jesus.
Since I totally slacked off since my last post- I need to play a quick "catch up"... mainly, thankfulness.I have so much to be thankful for, and so much that when I "think" about it... it leaves me breathless.
First, my heavenly father God and His son who died for us. My mom... she is well, healthy, and most importantly... STILL WITH US! She is my best friend in the world, my other half, and I do not know what I would do if God had taken her this past April. I say that knowing that God, always, has an ALMIGHTY, ALL-KNOWING plan... but I sing praises, love, and thankfulness to Him, and Him alone for healing my momma. Right along with that, my father. He literally is the glue that held our family together this year. His unfailing strength, hugs, support, love... every bit of it. wow. The love of his life was in a comma yet he cares so much about his children that he put every need of his own out of sight to comfort us. That is the love of only a father... I must say my father is one of a kind! My family.... from grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers, sisters.... every one of you... Our family is so unique.. we have the perfect examples of love surrounding us each and every day- my cup runneth over!
Colby... the love of my life, my best friend, my partner in life. I knew in 10th grade that I loved him, and I thank God every minute of the day for letting our lives join together as one... he is my rock, and makes me a better person each day. I am so THANKFUL to wake up next to him and share our life together- there is nothing better than time spent with him.
My job... I LOVE my job as a teacher at MRA. The co-workers, families, students.. everything. It is a happy "bubble" and I cherish every moment there- Although there is MANY more things to list, I'll close with my dear friends- You will never know how much I love each of you. I am forever grateful to you for your friendship, support, laughter, and love that you always give me, even when I don't deserve it.
To close... I pray for all of us this next year that we will awake daily, able to cherish and recognize all of God's blessings and gifts in our lives each and every day.
"I thank my God every time I remember you". Philippians 1:3
Colby and I on Thanksgiving... after a day FULL of feasting :)
Go be MERRY! ~Love~


No comments:
Post a Comment