Wednesday, November 17, 2010

PB box and Taco Soup!

I am one tired girl today!
Wednesday's are my long day at the school- 7:30am until 6:00pm straight... I teach two art classes in between my K5 morning class and my afternoon K5 after-school care class on Wednesday... so like I said... WHEW.  We studied Eric Carle today in art though, and made beautiful torn paper turkeys- they turned out great.  See? A fun day leads to a tired teacher!
K5- they had to draw their own turkey

K4 -sorry it is turned!


One thing I LOVED about today was arriving home to my husband, a Pottery Barn box (I'll return to this in a moment) and to the smell of a yummy, ready to eat, chicken taco soup! Literally, all I had to do was get down two bowls and serve- all of this thanks to my handy dandy crock-pot!
Best. Invention. EVER.   
This is a GREAT soup from "Day in the Country" cookbook (from Chapel of the Cross). 
It was super easy to get together and it was super yummy... Here's the recipe!
1 onion, chopped
1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 8- ounce can tomato sauce
1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies (I used Rotel brand)
1 1.25-ounce package taco seasoning
1 16- ounce can chili beans, undrained
1 15-ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
1 12- ounce can or bottle of beer
3 boneless, skinless  chicken breast
sour cream, cheddar cheese, and tortila chips for garnish

Place all ingredients except chicken in slow cooker. Stir well.  Lay chicken breasts on top, pressing down slightly until just covered with other ingredients.  Set slow cooker on low heat, cover, and let cook for 5 hours. Remove chicken breasts from soup and shred.  Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup and continue cooking for another 2 hours.  Serve in bowls topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream and crushed tortilla chips.  (I put mine on at 7am... Colby shredded the chicken around 4 and we ate at 6-EASY!)

So.. back to my Pottery Barn box... hehehehe  (that is my "so excited giggle")

I received a text from Colby around 5 that said, " Busted... what is this Pottery Barn box on our porch?" 
OOPS!  My internet shopping from last weekend  has arrived.  "Oh Honey... it is just something "little" that I got for our house... " (Have I mentioned I have the most amazing husband.. ever?!)

But, wait for it.... just LOOK what it contained.... I'm in love... and you should be too!

The Twelve Days of Christmas salad/dessert plates... are they not just GORGEOUS?!
There is one for each "day"... a beautiful set that just happens to match our fine china perfectly!
Thanks Pottery Barn!
and I have to say... they are just as beautiful in person... if not more!

oh and what's this!  yes, MORE Christmas birds... except these have sparkle  :)
They are sold as a "vase filler"... However, I am not sure where they'll appear in our home yet!
We'll all have to wait and see...

TV/Couch time!

Go Be MERRY!
Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment