Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thoughts for Tuesday

I have to start by saying this.... I am officially back in love with The New Kids on the Block. Yes. I am.
Did anyone else see their performance with Back Street Boys on the AMA's!!? FAB-ULOUS!  I loved every second of it... I just wish I had on my New Kid's t-shirt, side t-shirt flower clip attached (You remember what I'm talking about.. you pulled on end of the tshirt through it... so cool!), zebra leggings, and my hair crimped, tall socks...white  keds...(yes, that would be my outfit that I wore to their concert when I was like.... 8?)  Ah... memories.

I am so proud of all the Christmas shopping I have finished already! Colby's presents are all wrapped and ready to go under our tree... (I am hoping it is coming out of the attic... today! Hint Hint...Honey~)
I WAS even done with our 3 puppies stockings (they are spoiled, yes) until the other morning when Colby and I were getting dressed for church and we hear this rattling of a walmart bags in the den... so he walks in there and is like, "Um Kris... the dogs have all these toys and bones out."  AHHHH! You've GOT to be kidding me.
Who would have thought that 2 labs and a yorki poo could get underneath the guest bed (show Colby my hiding spot, why don't yah dogs!), find only THEIR bag of toy/bones out of all the "presents" and pull it out into the den for play time. So Mad! But of course... I couldn't take it away- They had already seen them! (Okay... I am very aware they are DOGS but I believe they remember things... and Santa can't come before Christmas day...) so we had a "happy thanksgiving" day for the dogs and now "dogs stocking fillers" have been added BACK onto my list of things to do. Crazy. but I love them.  Even now, as Milly, my 60lb baby dog, is in my lap on the couch helping me type, cough cough.  Oh Thanksgiving Holidays!

Great date night idea- Viking Cooking School in Ridgeland (or Persnickety Kitchens)
The girls went Saturday night for a "Date night in Paris" and had so much fun celebrating Kristen Parker's bachelorette night! It was a lot of fun and the food was delicious.  Made me think that it would be so much fun to bring Colby back and we could attend as a fun date night (Am I hoping he may learn a few tricks in the kitchen... yes...)  The one we attended was a hands on cooking class, where YOU cook your own food! We even flambayed TWICE- and I didn't catch on fire! HA.
I have been to the Alluvian and attended their cooking school... SO fun for a weekend away. The one we went to there was  a sit and learn type, which I have to say... is just as nice to do! It depends what you're into (or the mood your in).... if you want to get IN the action- go to the hands on class!

I am off to do some painting today... I have a little boy's jersey that I am painting for a room inside the grandmother's house- each grandchild has a canvas in "their room" (at her house) that has their name on a jersey- isn't that a cute idea!  This one... I am excited about painting... why, you ask... because it is a REBEL jersey! (Side note... we ALMOST beat LSU... seriously? So proud of my rebels for showing up for a game this season).
The other thing I am doing is a rendition of Walter Anderson's horse painting for a lady at the school- she is a BEAUTIFUL European rider! Can't wait to get started.... I'll post pics when they are finished!

~Happy Tuesday! ~ Be MERRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment