Monday, November 15, 2010

Me... A blogger?

I don't quite know what inspired me to join the blog world this evening... but here I am!
When asked to title my blog... nothing else came to mind except how I have felt ever since I became a "Mason"... and that is MERRY!  Okay.. Okay.. maybe not EVERY second... let us all reflect on what Colby and I's first two months held for us.  I can honestly say that I never expected to return from our honeymoon and find my precious momma in ICU, in a coma... with pneumonia, nor did I expect to live in that "state of mind" for the next 76 days. I have to pause as I reflect on that. WOW. God is SO good. I say it all the time to anyone that will listen, but WOW.  He held our hands, our hearts, He heard our prayers... and because of this Colby and I began our marriage on our knees talking to HIM! So, yes, I am a Merry Mason :)  gooby...sure! but it's going to be my blog name, so get over it :)  

I cannot believe Thanksgiving is next week- we are full blown into the spirit of Thanksgiving at the Kindergarten... each day I am reminded how blessed I am in my job.  I LOVE those little children... we may have our "purple" moments.. but they are so precious, and awake each day with a new energy for life.  I hope I can gain some of their knowledge... like the simple writing prompt we did together today, "I am thankful for... "   and here are a few of the answers...
1."McDonalds"-  ummm hello. absolutely (It's Colby and I's favorite Sunday breakfast on the way to Ridgecrest)
2. "my pup-pup"  who didn't have a cuddly best friend to hold them, keep them safe, love on... ahh..memories
3 "my teacher"  I did cry a little at this one, but seriously. Where would we be without all the teachers that got us to this point!
4. "my friends"  so true. I couldn't have made it without you.
5. "my mom and dad"   a given-no comment needed- but I will add... I have the most amazing, wonderful, loving, inspiring, encouraging parents ever. Period.
6. "my sister who helps me"   Amen.
7. "my brothers who wrestle me"  Yup.
8. (Most Important and my favorite)  God, because he made me.   (Amen. Amen. AMEN!)

See... the things I learn at school.


I am super excited about our first Christmas this year... and due to that I have gone overboard shopping for Christmas "decor". I have also gone against my own preaching "No Christmas before Thanksgiving" BUT I think it is because I actually have a THEME for this year!! Ready for it??  Woodlands! I figured since my sweet husband loves being outdoors SO much (hunting), why not decorate the INSIDE of our house like the woods he so loves to sit in! (Insert BIG smile.. and sarcasm).  On a serious note... It will be beautiful, and I love the "woods" as much as he does.  The theme is more like the woodlands with a focus on birds! I was able to go to market in Atlanta with my sweet mother-in-law this summer and I purchased this BEAUTIFUL nativity scene... along with a dozen bird nests and song birds... and that's where the theme began. 
I decided I was going to "play" decorate for Christmas on Sunday morning before church (translation: I am ready to put ALL of our Christmas out-including the tree, Colby says it is to soon so therefore I just tell Colby I am just practicing to see where things are going to go...is this a white lie? uh oh.Guilty as charged)
So now I think I'll include my pictures from my "playing"-
Note to all- I have only "play" decorated one chest in the den - Other decorations will HAVE to wait until I'm out for Thanksgiving break and my hubby is away in the woods :)  !

Ahh... Christmas. 
I just love this nativity scene
Some of my "woodland" purchases 

Okay... well that is all the "thoughts" on my mind for now... but I am glad to be a part of the "blog world"!

Go be Merry!
~Much Love~
        Kris

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited that you're a blogger now! Welcome to the blog community. Can't wait to read about your life :) Miss you, friend! I live in Jackson now, so we should totally get together at some point!

    ReplyDelete