Today was our Kindergarten Feast! I really just love this day in the Kindergarten... all of the children get dressed in their Pilgrims and Indians costumes and we (the whole K5) all sit together in the multi-purpose room and have our Thanksgiving feast. Truly a wonderful ("full" being a BIG part of it) day!!
Yesterday we had such an adventure here at school. We went to bake our "Gingerbread Man" and he escaped right out of our oven. Gone. We have looked everywhere, and by everywhere... I mean... EVERYWHERE. K5 children don't give up easily! SO much for our learning centers yesterday... we were out hunting for clues on the practice field! Some even spotted "flour", "sugar", and gingerbread footprints... oh the imaginations.
When we return back from Thanksgiving Holidays- we will begin our Gingerbread "map" unit... I sent letters home to parents last week where they ask any out-of-state- relative to send a letter to our class stating that they had seen the Gingerbread Man! We already have 12 different letters of our Gingerbread Man's adventures (my babies sure will be surprised to know that he is not on the MRA field, but in Arizona, California, Alabama, Pennsylvania, and Washington, D.C.!) He's even visited the MAYOR of Natchez, MS! I cannot WAIT to see their faces when I read each letter... PRICELESS I'm SURE!
If you are a teacher and want to try this, here is the letter I sent home:
As we read each letter, we will pin a construction paper
"gingerbread man" onto the map of the state he visited.... to end the unit on the last day before Christmas holidays I am going to sprinkle gingerbread crumbs on the tables and have Primo's Gingerbread men (simply the best) for them to snack on... with a note from our dear Gingerbread Man himself that says- "Run Run as Fast as you Can, You couldn't catch me I'm the Gingerbread Man but because you tried, and did your best- I have sent you some of my friends to taste test!" :)
Anyways... just thought I'd share. It is a GREAT experience for the children (and they are learning, TOO!)
The children decided that if we disguised our room as a "gingerbread man house" then he may come back on his own... So here are some pictures of our "Gingerbread room" that we created today after our feast...
Our interactive writing "Missing" poster!
Gingerbread Man
Glitter Gumdrops!
Our class Bulletin Board- ready to track our gingerbread man!
Happy Friday to ALL!
and for the teachers... Happy Thanksgiving BREAK!
Go be MERRY!
~Love~






No comments:
Post a Comment