On Tuesday, so exciting, I got the news that I could pick up Lucy's bedding and curtains!! I have never seen something so "straight from my dream" before!! I just love her crib bedding... it literally is exactly as I imagined it would be. I don't think I have "fluffed" her bed skirt in the correct way for this picture but my wonderful mother-in-law is going to come over to help me "perfect" it all :)
This is just a rough picture of the bedding.. The curtains are hopefully going to be hung on Saturday and then I'll get to finish "straightening" everything (well I still haven't picked up my chair cushions from being recovered yet.. but that should be soon too)
I'm just too obsessed/excited not to share a sneak peak
Ready...
SEE!!!! Ah. I know. You're in love too, right?
So I got the bedding all on and everything and then.. uh oh. There was a problem. Not with the bedding, of course, but I now needed a little of the "bow" color on the opposite wall above the daybed. All about the matching, you know.
So off to Hobby Lobby I went, with a bow in hand, to try to find SOMETHING I could create for this wall.
and Ta-Dah!
This was the result!
I actually found some fabric that was similar to the bow color!
I covered the canvases in the fabric, then cut out her letters from scrapbook paper, mod-podged over the entire canvas (letter and fabric) and here they are.
Just what this wall needed.
Would you like a sneak peak at the curtains?
hmmm... okay. I'm a pushover these days.
That's one of the curtain panels draped over our rocking chair.
There are two panels like this that will hang from ceiling to floor from a gold rod...eeekk..
I CANNOT WAIT.
More pictures to come soon.. of our FINISHED nursery.. (hopefully, ha)
So I have to share my first "public pregnancy" story with you all.
It happened in Hobby Lobby- a sweet little gay guy clerk was checking me out (HA! I just laughed at myself, clearly not the old term I once referred to when I'd say "checking me out" but this time, literally..."ringing up my items" at the counter) when all of the sudden it must have dawned on him (either that or Lucy jumped up, waved from the womb, and then went back to her "comfort zone") but he goes "OH MY LAWD, LOOK AT YOUR BELLY" which lead me to an uncomfortable, odd expression/giggle type of sound where I nodded... "yea... only 7 more weeks".. and then he shouted "YOUR ONLY 7 WEEKS, OH LAWD" drawing the attention of all those around who have watched me waddle around with a watermelon attached to the front of my stomach... "No, no, no, I am due in 7 weeks" (my face, BRIGHT red). His response "YOU AIN'T NEVER GUNNA MAKE IT 7 MO WEEKS"
Me- "Well.. maybe..."
Him- "Girl, It's alright... you can start working out after 2 weeks or so and at least it ain't in yo face, just in THAT belly"
Me- yea... okay... (thinking in my head: Are you KIDDING me! Is he really saying this? I have a few choice words for him that I would NEVER say aloud.. but SERIOUSLY!??)
People need a serious "sensor" for pregnant women.. they just say whatever they want, and touch you... whenever they want!! (I will say, the touching doesn't bother me, AS LONG AS I KNOW YOU!)
My verdict from this experience... I think Lucy and I will stay at home from now on. HA!
On the other side of this pregnancy story... my baby Lucy is doing great and she can grow as much as she would like in there, as long as she is healthy, I am happy!
Me... I'm feeling the "tiredness" that they say comes in the last stretch more and more each day. I also have a pronounced "waddle". She is moving around, a LOT, and I really do love it...I told Colby I may even miss her being "inside" once she is born... I am just so used to her just being in there and moving. I do think she's trying to make me ready for her debut though, especially since she has chosen her new "comfortable" spot inside to be located where her feet are straight into my right side rib cage.. ouch!!! Going on day THREE now.
I hope everyone has a safe weekend... and try to stay out of the heat! I mean, I know I am pregnant but it is literally a "scorcher" out there... I feel like heat surrounds my face and I STAY hot no matter where I am: inside, outside, in water, under water, hot. hot. HOT! Mississippi summer is officially here.
Today, Stephen, Cassie and Meena are coming back (for the weekend) from there new home in Louisiana! They are coming to meet sweet baby Weslee, then we are all getting together at Mom and Dad's to grill out tonight.
It will be so good to see them!
Baby Weslee, Kelly, Jake and Noah are all doing great!! She is the joy of our family, so precious!
~Be Merry!~




No comments:
Post a Comment