Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring has Sprung!



Here are some pictures of my classroom's "spring" activities for all my teacher friends out there!
I love this time of year!! (minus the pollen which leads to allergy attacks... ick)

Our Spring Bulletin Board

We learned the parts of the flower and the children wrote what flowers need to grow and live.


"Rise and Shine and Give God the Glory!"
Boys did red tulips, Girls did white daisies

Spring writing, "In the spring, I ..."

Our Spring themed door!
Each child wrote a line to our Spring poem!


Their spring writing displayed in our room
"The Tiny Seed" Story Element Chart


My Little Master's Art - Georgia O'Keefe

Little Master's Art- Symmetrical Butterflies (K4)
They laid tissue paper then drew their design on top of the tissue.

Symmetrical butterflies (K5)
They had to draw and watercolor to make it symmetrical
This will be for my health unit that we will begin next week.  
I couldn't find anything online to help while I re-vamped my whole theme for this so I will add pictures of my new "creations" as we complete the activities...
This my "diagram" of our human body that I made... We will focus mainly on the brain, lungs, heart and stomach during our 2 week study.

 That is most of our fun that we have going on right now! We also planted rye grass in cups to watch it grow, had a "plants on our plate" taste test where we tasted all the "plants" we eat daily (broccoli, potatos, carrots, etc.) and discussed which part of the plant it was (roots, stem, leaves).  They loved this!
I have also challenged my group with learning how to put things in ABC order, and compound words! THEY DID GREAT!!!  So smart!! I am so proud of them.



And for all you "Belly Watchers" out there... here "we" are at 6 months (24 wks)!!!!
See...I told you... A basketball has attached itself to my stomach! HA!




I cannot believe how quick it is going!! 
and how much we are growing :)
So happy she/we are healthy!

I love being pregnant... which I knew I would.  It is honestly so wonderful, so amazing, and so humbling (going back to my post yesterday)... God is creating a PERSON inside of me... do you ever get a closer glimpse of his perfect image, his wonderful creation? I just BEAM at His glory.


~Go Be Merry!!~
It's Friday!
I cannot wait to cook out with friends tonight, yay!!



No comments:

Post a Comment