When I tell you that we spent the entire Saturday afternoon in this room.. I mean it literally! It took us forever to get the trundle bed put together- but we did it!!! Advice: Don't loose the wooden "peg" that helps align furniture... we had every piece assembled and together (except for one) and our friend, the wooden peg, was missing. gone. ka-put. nada.
My daddy saved the day by creating a replica of the wooden peg for us and ta-da... we were able to finish assembling everything and get it into Lucy's nursery! Luckily, putting her crib together was a much easier project! My husband wins the award for "helping his wife"... for sure. Thank you Colby!
Here are some pictures of her room- it is starting to look like a nursery! Finally!
We still have a ways to go but it is SO nice to have CARPET down and the furniture in!
YAY! I LOVE our new carpet.. it is so soft!
Lucy's crib- faux finished and ready for our bedding!
The trundle and shelving-
The trundle bedding will be ivory-
My plan is to make it look more "couchy" by putting three euro pilllows/shams across the back.
with the middle sham monogrammed, of course! :)
And ... the reason we still don't have the light switch plate up is because I haven't found the "perfect" one yet. ha. but seriously... I'm still trying to decide if I want to use cream or gold. Its the little details, right?!
Changing table/dresser with our new paint and new knobs!
**Side note** if you are looking for knobs- go to Hobby Lobby! They have an entire row dedicated to knobs.. and they are fabulous! As you can see I chose the pink crystal ones for her dresser
Storage bins/shelves (all purchased at Target! Love me some Target!)
Not sure if this is where it will stay, or if this is the wall where the painting is going to go but... this is what it looks like for now! I may move the shelves into her closet for storage there.. but we'll see.
I painted the front of the wicker baskets to match her crib/changing table.
I also added the oval circles to each basket so I can "monogram" them with what each basket will hold- here is my OCD coming out! HA. I am still looking for the "perfect gold" pin to use
See the Wolfe pottery bunnies in the shelf to the left... I'm obsessed! Julie Collier, my dearest friend and art teacher from highschool, gave them to Lucy! So excited... they are beautiful!
And here is a look at the whole room so far!
I just LOVE it. It is going to be perfect. Just like Lucy!
To imagine her nursery completed: (like I have done every second of the day.. ha)
add the primrose colored crib skirt, ivory crib bumper (with primrose ruffled trim) and primrose bows to the crib.
Floor length curtains around the window
An ivory rocking chair to the right of the window
And a beautiful but small chandelier hanging from the ceiling.
Ahhh.... I cannot wait! Getting SO excited.
(oh and the daybed bedding.. which I am still dreaming up. I haven't exactly found our "ivory" comforter yet... but I have the image in my mind... which is dangerous, and probably doesn't exist for my budget!)
Anyways.. slowly but surely! The good news is we still have 13 weeks for it all to come together! :)
I cannot wait to meet our Lucy! I go to the doctor Tuesday for our check-up- and for the glucose test! I've heard horror stories.. hopefully the "drink" will go down smoothly for us, and we will pass our test.
Stay tuned!
Have a wonderful week!

SO SO Pretty, we are now doing Lola's room since "she" is here!!!!!!!!!! can't wait until we know what Em is having :)
ReplyDelete