I have never been a fan of bad weather, I actually am quite the "scaredy-cat". Tornados freak me out. So you can imagine my reaction to yesterday's tornadic weather that surrounded our area...eeeek!!
I was so proud of my 13 babies at the kindergarten though! We all stayed crouched down in the hall for 1 and 1/2 hours and there were hardly any tears shed. They were SO brave. I do have to add though, I have never been that exhausted in all of my pregnancy (or teaching career)! I told Colby that if there was ever going to be a day that I was tempted to consume an "alcoholic beverage" while being pregnant... yesterday, promptly at noon, would have been the time. Ha. NO WORRIES- I didn't.. but I won't say it didn't cross my mind.
My heart goes out to all those that were affected in Clinton and the Jackson areas. You just never think that something (especially a tornado) will hit "your" house, or "your" car. Yesterday, we were all reminded of how precious each moment is. Let's just not forget it.
Today is a "cool" Saturday, for sure! BRR! The tornado's blew in the cold front, but it is so BEAUTIFUL, so how could I complain?
I spent my morning with my sis, Cass, Meena, and Noah taking pictures in Reunion... We don't have long before Cassie, Stephen, Meena (and Jon Martin) head off to Lafayette, LA so we decided to get our "babies" together for a photo-op today. Here is a sneak peak at the pics I took this a.m.
We got some really great shots... I cannot show them all yet because I'm already going to be in trouble for putting up the sneak peaks (they are supposed to be a surprise for the grandparents :)
But... I just couldn't resist showing off my BEAUTIFUL niece and nephew!
And the day just gets better... I'm about to go help supervise Colby putting together the trundle bed and Lucy's baby crib!! (I know he is so excited for my input)
Pictures WILL come SOON!!!!!! YAY!




No comments:
Post a Comment