The "syrup" truly was not as bad as I expected... however, eating only eggs for breakfast, and another hard boiled one for lunch was not so fun. (You cannot have anything to eat the day you go that contains sugar... so.. I played it very safe with the eggs until my 1:30 appointment, but ick. And all should know, Lucy and I treated ourselves to a Wendy's hamburger immediately after we left!)
Her heartbeat was 155! She is doing great, and moving around a lot in there! Measuring TWO weeks ahead... WHAT?? but yes, its true. Dr. told us that we may be looking more towards July 11th for our due date rather than July 24th! The news felt as if he had handed me $100 in cash, I was excited- less summer heat for this momma, absolutely! More time at home with my baby before school- Positively! Come on Lucy! I had a good appointment too, he was happy with my current weight gain... ready: 16 lbs.. eek. it's okay , it is for Lucy (and it will be off of me asap after she is here.. asap meaning if you need us, come to the gym!!) The only negative of my dr. appt being that I am a little anemic so Dr. now has me on iron pills and on strict orders to "eat red meat". I am working on it! They will re-test at our next appointment on May 9th to see if my iron levels have improved, and hopefully they will.
Also, on May 9th... we get to SEE our baby!! We are having the 4D sonogram and I. CANNOT. WAIT. I know there is a lot of mommy "should I/should I not" about this sonogram... but it is our first baby and I just think it is so neat to be able to have their "first" picture taken while they are still inside the womb. It's a personal preference at any rate, but we said yes! I will post pictures of sweet Lucy the moment I can get to a computer after our appointment... Colby and I haven't seen her since our 18 week appt... to say I'm excited is an understatement! Yes, I feel her rolling, tossing and turning, kicking and hiccupping all day long BUT seeing her... ah... yes please.
I read an interesting/wonderful quote the other day for all us mommies-to-be...
"Preganancy is the only chance in life at assisting God in a miracle." WOW.
I have loved every second of being pregnant. Yes, I get tired. Yes, my body hurts. Yes, I miss sleeping like I used too. Yes, I'd love a glass of wine (or martini) with a large plate of sushi. Yes, I wish I was as skinny as I used to be. Yes, I wish I could wear a bikini this summer, instead of my "mommy suit" (that's a whole other story) followed by a whole lot of other "I wish" statements these days... so trust me, I DO have those bad "pregnant" days BUT when I do get "down" on myself or in one of those pouty moods, I just try to focus on the bigger picture.. She is God's miracle, and I am helping Him!
I am truly humbled when I think of all the wonderful people that struggle with fertility. My heart has a new "ache" for women that have to go through this. Pregnancy is such an amazing gift that I feel is so taken forgranted. I never want to be the pregant woman who is "selfish", "moody", or a "complainer". I want to, and try to, treasure each second of this experience. I am so greatful my eyes have been opened to how much of a gift it is to be able to carry/birth a child... so all of you mommies-to-be out there.. rejoice in God's miracle, show off that baby bump, and SMILE!
I told Colby last night, (yes, I was reading another "baby" blog that had me boo-hooing, which happens about twice a week now) but I looked at him and asked, "do you realize how blessed we are?" We didn't have to spend money, months, or stressful tears "trying" to conceive. It just happened for us, for some reason only God knows. Reflecting on how God is once again guiding us, preparing us, and leading us to know "what to expect" for this new little person in our life, it just hits me... God chose us, God said NOW, and we get to fulfill His plan for us, and for Lucy, as her parents. I KNOW there is an amazing plan for this child, as with all of God's miracles. He is just SO awesome.
There is a song that I heard the other day titled, "The Words I Would Say" by Sidewalk Prophet... I'm know I am taking this out of the artist's context, but this is what I want Lucy to always know:
Be Strong in the Lord, and Never give up hope
You're going to do great things, I already know.
Gods got his hands on you so, don't live in fear.
Forgive and Forget, but don't forget why you're here.
Take your time and pray
Thank God for each day.
His love with find a way!
Love the lyrics, and I Love HIM!
Here is Lucy and I at 28 weeks (well 30 if we count the two weeks she is measuring ahead)
Please ignore how gross, I mean, how beautiful, I look. Ha! It was late when Colby and I decided to take a picture of our ever-growing baby bump.. eh hmm.. mountain!
And I just had to share the latest nursery developments...
We found the bedding for the daybed in the nursery.
It is a "hod-podge" of all the nursery colors. I cannot wait to see it with the crib bedding and curtains!
The middle "euro" sham is at the monogram shop... getting Lucy's initials on it!
Look closely... do you see the new purchase?? Yes. A light switch plate!
Don't worry, people! These pillows will NOT be in here with baby Lucy.. I just have them as "decor"- they will be removed each time she is placed in her crib! I actually may use them in our rocker.
They are just so sweet and girly, we had to have them!
I hope you all have a MERRY day!
Rejoice in the Lord, for He is GOOD!

No comments:
Post a Comment