Big news: My brother Stephen and Cassie have found out: THEY'RE HAVING A BOY!!! They are due exactly a month after me! It is going to be so fun with my sister and I both having girls, and now Cassie is adding a little boy!! I cannot wait to meet my new niece and my new nephew, and of course our Lucy!
It is SUCH a great feeling to know that I actually completed my "Spring Break' to-do list (see prior post)! YAY!
I applied the 2nd coat to Lucy's window sill, met with the faux finisher to discuss/plan/begin Lucy's furniture and crown molding.. it is going to be FABULOUS! Pictures to come soon.
I finished the 48" by 36" canvas...
I really enjoyed working on it- a little at a time, of course!
Finished this painting to go into Lucy's nursery...
We also went to Mom and Dad's attic and found my old cradle... My Papaw made this for me when I was a baby, isn't it just perfect!? We are going to re-finish it and put it into Lucy's nursery, too!
Please ignore the painted cement floor underneath.. :)
We also went and toured all Madison nursery's this week... and let me just add: If you are thinking about becoming pregnant anytime soon- put your child on the waiting list, now. Seriously. Make up a due date and add your name! The waiting lists are insane!!! (I really don't know if that is possible but.. the day you find out, GO!)
I know God will have a perfect plan for us, and for Lucy... but it is scary thinking we may not get in anywhere!! Luckily we have amazing grandmother's to help keep sweet Lucy until January ... or until we get in... somewhere- Fingers crossed! Prayers needed!
and my last completed "to-do"....
A finished look at the monogrammed burp cloths that I made! They turned out SO cute! Thanks Bridgette's!
And of course... when in a monogram store... Momma went a little nutty. Already.
But could you resist?!!
Her first monogrammed "onesies" :)
Here is a closer picture of her pink outfit with monogram- sweet Kelly Edwards gave us this the day we found out we were having a baby girl! LOVE the cursive monogram!
Other than all of the above keeping me busy, its been a relaxing/wonderful week! The weather the last few days has been amazing... a little HOT yesterday at the parade, but I won't complain! And yes. I attended the St. Patricks Day parade and managed to survive the WHOLE day outside with the wonderful GREEN, tu-tu-wearing, overly "served" staggering people that surrounded me. It really was a good time, and people watching has never been so much fun! I sat in my chair, eating my PB&J sandwich, drinking my ice cold water (amazing), and observed all the lovely Jacksonians come out in full force. But sadly, I didn't bring my camera so I cant' share the fun with you.
I will add here that my sunburn from yesterday is quite the statement.... and not in a "oh! it will tan then look pretty" way.
Today I tried to fix it by wearing a strapless top while I put out our new pinestraw in the front beds (which look so good, by the way) and um.. yea. a bigger mess was created. I thought I was possibly the only one that may have been blessed by the "v-neck" sunburn, but low and behold- I walk into Kroger tonight and there is a lady with a sleeveless top on, sporting her "short sleeved" sunburn!
She was at the parade, for sure.
Didn't even have to ask!
Back to school tomorrow, and I am so glad- I have missed my children and daily routine! Although I know tomorrow morning will pretty tough for me and Lucy to get out of bed... her new thing is to wait until I wrestle with the pillows for a good 30 minutes each night before bed (the time it takes me to get good and comfortable) and then all the sudden, just as I'm drifting off to sleep- WHAM, WHAM WHAM. She kicks, kicks, and kicks... just to say "hey" I think, or either to tell me that I'm not giving her enough room- so I end up movinng, and getting unconfortable all over again!
Not that I'm complaining, because I truly love being pregnant, and I love the way she tells me "I'm in here and I'm alright".
Have a great, MERRY week!!
~Love~

So excited about Cassie and I love the monograms!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful room, Lucky Lucy. Can't wait until we can do Dawn's room, picked out fabric but can't make anything until we know what she is having. 10 days...YEAH...
ReplyDeleteSo excited for Emily...YOU HAVE to help with her decoration of the nursery for baby gilreath. :)