Lucy Katherine's nursery has begun to take form! Yes... SHE has a name!!! Lucy is after my grandmother,Lucy Fountain, and Katherine comes from my great grandmother, my mom and me- we're all Katherine's! Our sweet baby Lucy is going to love her room! I am obsessed with the fabric me and Mrs. Dana picked out! Mrs. Dana, Colby's mom, is an amazing interior designer... I cannot wait to share pictures when it is all finished!! I already find myself just sitting in there, yes,on concrete because the new carpet hasn't been laid, but I just imagine all the things to come for Colby, me, and Lucy. I cannot wait for our first sleepless night where she needs us to rock her, or feed her, or change her. I smile so big just picturing Colby and I that first night we have her here with us. Okay, sorry for getting mushy.. We'll blame it on the hormones!
Saturday was a rainy day... which we decided was the perfect day to begin "the nursery"! Colby and Jonathan painted her room all afternoon! Pictures to come, I promise! They were so sweet to do all the hard work since I'm "not allowed" to do it... I did manage to sneak in the and offer my expert advice, HA! And today, my big claim to fame, I fixed the trim!
For now, I found this neat "about me" ABC thing...and well.. I just had to fill it in:
A- Age: 26
B- Bed size: queen!
C- Chore I dislike the most: Laundry! (mainly putting up the clean clothes)
D- Dogs: yes, we have three...A yorki poo named Jackson, and two labs named Milly, and Reese.. They are our spoiled babies.
E- Essential start to my day: letting the dogs out, and these days a big glass of milk!
F- Favorite color: PINK! (it's a girl, remember!!)
G- Gold or Silver: gold! Love some gold bangles...
H- Height: 5'5
I- Instruments I play: took piano for 9 years... Not sure how great I would play today though!
J- Job: K5 teacher! Love!
K- Kids: one "in the oven"!!!! Due July 24th!
L- Live: sweet home Mississippi!
M- Mom's name: Katherine, "Kathy"
N- Nickname: Kris
O- Overnight hospital stays: one with my sister when she was delivering Noah- awesome day!
P- Pet Peeves: ha, Colby would say I have a lot of new ones lately (I blame pregnancy)...
Q- Quote from movie: The only thing coming to mind... "Nobody puts Baby in a corner" oohh love some Dirty Dancing!
R- Right/Left: RIGHT
S- Siblings: sister Kelly, brother Stephen- they're the best! I also must include my sibling in laws... Jake, Cassie and Tyler! Love you all!
T-Time I wake up: between 6 and 6:30 most days
U- Underwear- due to my profession I'll leave this unanswered. ;)
V- Vegetables I dislike: I really like all vegetables! Call me crazy.
W- What makes me run late: I don't like running late, but these days... Wardrobe for my baby bump! Some mornings... NOTHING fits!
X- X-rays I've had: ummm... Dental, once for my ankle, and lately ultrasounds.. Those count right!?
Y- Yummy food I make: I LOVE to cook... so hopefully everything! Ha! Except for the potato soup from scratch attempt!
Z- Zoo animal: giraffe, leopard... oh... really any sweet, cuddly baby zoo animals!
So... There you have my ABC's!
Go be merry! I'll post nursery pics soon!!!
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment