Mommy failed.
So... along with Lucy's clingy-ness I described in my last post... there has been a SLIGHT cough. Slight meaning.. she had a runny nose, but it was CLEAR (clear means no infection!) so I let it go... then came this little cough cough.. cough cough. It was literally like a few times when she first woke up, and a few times after I'd put her down for sleep. Well Tuesday night, after I had vented to you all via my blog, I was cooking dinner one handed again and she coughed. Hm.. I think. What is with this cough? So I decided I would take her to the doctor because A) my always happy baby had suddenly become B.A.D. B) my independent, happy to play by herself baby was now a "I will scream at the top of my lungs if you put me down"baby and C) and probably the only one a doctor would care about, we have a little cough. Plan is set. Wednesday morning I will call doctor for an appointment.
Wednesday morning we get up... have a semi-smooth morning. Arrive at daycare to drop off Lu and when we walk in, this is what I hear, " OH I almost called you yesterday, Lucy did NOT have a good day... she cried every time I set her anywhere but on my hip". WHAT?!! She's doing it to YOU too?!!! Okay. Something is up! Definitely calling doctor. (side note: her morning teacher leaves at 2:30 so this is why I didn't know this information on Tuesday afternoon)
Anyways... we go to the doctor yesterday at 3:15. Are you ready? This is where I officially get the title:
MOMMY FAILED.
My sweet baby girl has viral broncialitis! No wonder she has been extremely needy and fussy... sweet Lu doesn't feel good! Doctor J made us do a breathing treatment right away, then he listened to her chest again- All while I am a tearful WRECK. I mean seriously all those d*mn baby books I read and I STILL screw up?? How did I miss that she had all this crud in her chest?! Boo. I'm telling you- Mommy-hood is tough.Anyways, as scary as it sounds, Lucy isn't contagious, and she is already feeling/acting better after a night of her breathing treatments. I have found the treatments go much smoother if I do them while she snoozes... like so:
You are such a sweet angel, Lucy Lu.


You didn't fail! I do this with John all of the time. Without fail I'll wait 3 or 4 days to bring him to the doctor and then he'll have an ear infection or RSV, etc. It's hard to know when to react and when to wait things out! She'll be better before you know it!
ReplyDelete