Thursday, May 12, 2011

4D Pictures :)

I know I said I would wait until after we go back tomorrow... but I just keep staring at these sweet pictures of our baby and my "momma pride" part of me cannot wait to add these here.  So here are our 4D pictures from Monday.
Sweet little Lucy, as it turns out, now has a "stubborn" little Lucy side! Ha! Neither Colby or I were surprised to see this (We are, after all, the ones she inherited it from)...  she did not want any part of this picture taking business! We tried for AN HOUR AND 15 MINUTES and these are the three pictures she let us get- which, as her mommy, I was so proud.  She is absolutely PERFECT, even if she wouldn't be still enough for us to capture it all on film!  
It actually turned out to be better for me that she didn't behave because now I get to see her TWICE in one week! Yep.. we get to go again tomorrow to see if my princess will let us get some better 4D pictures.  AND even better than that... we still get one more chance after this if she doesn't cooperate again! (of course... I am hoping that she does cooperate because I really want to show off her pictures at my baby shower this weekend!)
Lucy weighed 3lbs on Monday! I cannot wait to see how much she has grown in just 4 days! 
I am still feeling good... sleep seems to be a thing of the past, which makes for an emotional and tired... me.
I have boo-hoo'ed this week (here comes the hormonal part of pregnancy I have apparently been dodging this whole time)... and I seriously cannot control it either!  
Monday,  I was all smiles and laughs watching during our actual appointment.. seeing  her  "stubborn" side and all the beautiful parts of her body. It was AWESOME! Colby and I were so proud and happy and ahhh.. it was a moment I'll never forget.
Then I get home after school, sit on the couch, hold her pictures, and LOOSE it.  BOO-HOO... SOB... WEEP.. yep. that is what I did.  
It is so amazing how God can create this miracle.. a child... from a tiny embryo... and so I found myself holding this picture.. looking at these ears that are still in the process of forming.. these perfect toes and fingers that I will soon kiss all over... they all belong to my DAUGHTER! Here come the tears again... see. I told you. No control.   
It is such an amazing experience being a "mother"... and I haven't even started yet!  Suddenly my biggest and darkest fears concern nothing but the health of this baby... and how we'll take care of her... how she'll grow up.. what she will become... how will I teach her all she needs to know... how can I help her in her relationship with Christ... on and on goes this list. My mom tells me... the "list" will always continue to grow with each day she gets older! GREAT.  But I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING.

Be grateful for ALL of God's blessings in your life.  Everything that God gives us on this Earth is a gift.. directly from Him, created BY Him.  No matter what obstacles you may face, or what "trouble" you find yourself facing.. He loves you.  He already knew you would climb this mountain before you started your journey.  God's timing is ALWAYS perfect.  God's plan is ALWAYS good.  
His greatest commandment is to "Love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your mind, and with all your soul".  Do this... and you will follow all of His other commandments as well... because how can you not follow the commands when you love Him so much. :)
Just a little thought for you today...





                                                            My cup runneth over.....

No comments:

Post a Comment