Friday, October 19, 2012

Lucy- 15 months!

15 months!!
How in the world has it been 15 months since I first saw her beautiful face?! Lucy is growing up way too fast.  I just wish I could pause the time.  I don't want her to grow up!  She is so much fun to be with.  Honestly, she is my best bud.  I just adore every second I get with her- and yes, we do have our moments where she is definitely on her way to being a "sass-pot" but I still treasure each and every second.  For you future/new mommies... it is amazing how one tiny smile/smerk/giggle/ hug/ kiss can make up for an hour of a screaming tantrum! Those kisses are magical.

Lucy is still in size 4 diapers, eating "real" food for all meals- her favorites are spaghetti, turkey roll ups, and cheese sticks, oh, and ritz crackers! She is drinking three 6 oz milk bottles a day (morning, afternoon snack and bedtime) and the rest of the day we have juice and water from her sippy cup.  It is time to say bye bye to the bottle, I know this. BUT she does not understand why Mommy won't give her the bottle at night.  She also is my "baby" and how can she be a baby without a bottle... I know. Let it go.  I will.. I promise.  By the time she is 16 months, I will be strong... and we will have said "bye bye" to the "ba-ba"
On another note,  She is talking up a storm! She says "ma-ma" "dada" "dog" "jackson" "ba-ba" "big dog" "quack quack" "bye bye" "bay bee" "Hey Ellie" (her baby doll) "papa" "pop"... honestly a new word everyday! Such a smart little girl.  She also understands us well. I can ask her to go find her bottle and she will go into the living room/kitchen/wherever she was last and find her bottle and bring it to me.  Same for our cell phones, keys, you know... anything she plays with these days!

Since it was Lu's 15 month-day, what better excuse opportunity for a photo session!
I don't know why but I had it in my mind ever since our drive to Oxford (when we passed the beautiful white cotton fields) that Lucy HAD to have a picture taken in a cotton field... so... what did this momma do when she got off work on Friday. Yep. Picked up her best bud and drove to find a cotton field. No joke. Don't judge. You too shall drive somewhere crazy for a photo op... one day. maybe.

Anywho... here you go.  Lucy @ 15 months!



(after a major tantrum... hence the paci)



Wow! Look at all this white stuff
pretty cotton! 

So then... we were on the drive home and saw a railroad... so we stopped.  and out of the car we went with the camera in tow.


This one may be my favorite


up close and personal :)


Happy 15-month day Lu!!!  We love you so very much.  You are the light of our lives.  God has BIG plans for you, sweet girl.  I am so blessed He chose me to be your mommy.  I love you Lu Lu!

Merry Merry! 






No comments:

Post a Comment