Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Adventures of Milly and Reese

 Once upon a time... there lived two labs at the Mason household.  A white lab named Milly (2 years old) and her mother, a black lab named Reese (5 years old).   Let's meet them, shall we?
Hi! I'm Milly.  I love to cuddle up with my human Mommy all the time- even though we now have this new "bundle of joy" around our house that  has to cuddle with us too. I am a super sweet, good girl.  I follow directions and do whatever my real mom (Reese) does.  I'm also now the favorite lab. 

Hi. I'm Reese.   I am super smart... can follow hand commands, find Dad's ducks, do "dead-bird-back" commands all day long... and my newest trick is to DIG and ESCAPE from my house. I think it is awesome, so does my daughter Milly.  She has now learned to follow me on my adventures.  Our human parents- they don't think its that great. In fact, they now think I am a  I am a bad, bad dog.

We look sweet and innocent, right???

So this brings us to yesterday... I'll tell it from THEIR perspective, just for kicks.

Hi! It's me, Reese. Yesterday, Mom and Dad let us stay inside ALL morning while they went to work because it sure was COLD outside.  We snuggled up on our big, ole doggy bed... living the highlife, for sure.  Dad came home to eat him some lunch around 11:45... and outside we got to go.  It was still a little cool, but we were glad for the fresh air.  Dad asked if we wanted to come back inside but decided we could stay out until Mom gets home at 3! Great idea, Dad!!
Dad pulled out of the driveway and our adventure began!! DIG, DIG, DIG I went.  Milly just watched... some help she was.  That's why I am the smartest, I know how to get out of this yard.  We did just that.  DIG, DIG, DIG- YES! The hole is now large enough for us to escape, so out I go.  I run out to our front yard, jumping up and down. FREEDOM... whoooo....hoo.... Off I go. Oh wait, Milly? Milly? Come here! I am your mother, I demand... you come out here now. You're coming with me.  Ruff Ruff. "Okay Mom", here I come.  Two dogs now out on the loose... yee-haw.

(I'll have to fast forward through this part... because I don't know don't want to know all that they got into in the two hour time slot that it took them to arrive at their destination)

We had to cross a lot of busy roads... Milly and me.  Straight down Wheatly Road, and across this REALLY big road- Mom calls it County Line Road.  BIG road. LOTS of cars... pretty scary to say the least.  Once we got across though... super cool store.  Big store.  Friendly Man.  Ready for the details??

We had now walked about 4 miles so we were pretty tired and thirsty.  At our house, when we are tired and thirsty- we go inside.  So here we walk up to these big glass doors.. they open and close as humans walk in and out of them.  Milly, let's try. Okay??   We walk up, those big glass doors slide right open and WAH-LAH! We're INSIDE!!!!!   We walk up next to this really kind man looking at bicycles... sniff at his feet and what do you know.  He acts so SURPRISED to see us.  He bends down... grabs Milly's collar and gets out this little black box thing.  We've seen it before, our parents both have one. They talk into it ALL the time.    I hear him say, "Mrs. Mason, are you in Academy Sports?"  followed by, "No? Oh, well I believe I have your two labs here."  "Okay, see you in 5 minutes".   
While we are waiting on our mom, this other sales clerk walks up and asks why we are inside the store.  This nice ole' man acted like he was our owner... just so we wouldn't be taken BACK to dog jail (thats another story... for a later date).
We try to go wander around but oh no. This guy grabs my collar too.  And makes us sit with him right there in the aisle.  So we do. We sit.  
Guess who walks in the door then?? MOM!!!! Hey Mom! Hey!!
We're so excited to see you.   She looked different...maybe angry even.  Red faced and all. Mom?? Are you not happy to see us?  
Milly starts to jump all around, she's more excited than me to see our mom!  I hear mom tell the man, "I am so sorry! I can't believe they made it this far away from our home. and INSIDE the store".  I knew she'd be impressed... I did, I knew it.  She's proud of us for coming to the store!
 They talk for a few seconds and then she looks at us. Uh oh, its our turn, "MILLY, REECE.. COME". I'm not thinking she is proud of me anymore. Into the car we go... Mom talked the whole way back home, lecturing us about not leaving the yard, how dangerous it was. Blah Blah. Definitely not proud.  It ended with "Just wait until your Dad gets home".

So when Dad does get home... we both get spankings at the sight of my creation (hole).  I guess he wasn't impressed with my work.  He filled it up with some really hard grey stuff (concrete)... boo Dad. That's not fun.
Today, we've been inside all day.  I must say, its not near as much fun as our adventure yesterday.

Hmm... I wonder when Mom or Dad will be home to let us OUTSIDE??!!!!


TRUE STORY.  
Anyone want two labs???








2 comments:

  1. I laughed the whole way through!! Hilarious. I can't believe they made it that far. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is insane! I bet they got some good spankings! Atleast they are safe and they stuck together!

    ReplyDelete