Thursday, August 18, 2011

Letter to Lucy: 1st month!

Dear Lucy, I cannot believe I saw you for the first time one month ago today. It seems like yesterday that they handed you to me... You had Daddy and I wrapped around your finger from the start! You have already grown so much. Hands down, you are the greatest thing to ever happen to me. I love you more every second, even when you are screaming in the middle of the night...you have a way of melting my heart. We, as a family, have already overcome so much since your arrival! Daddy started a brand new job! He was so excited his first day of work, He just loves his job!! Yay! That same day (you were a week old) we received some sad news about your grandaddy, Pop! Your Pop had to have a serious and scary surgery for what we thought was pancreatic cancer. I held you tight during many tears that week... But God carried us through as only He can.. And even better, He healed Pop and took the cancer away! You have gone with me to take care of him at Pop and Khaki's house a lot the last week. You make him and Khaki smile! They say you look like me, but EVERYONE else says you are a copy of Daddy! I see a little of both of us, though! We havent been that many places yet. Mommy and Daddy took you to Waffle House this past Sunday, but you stayed in your carseat with a blanket covering the whole time. Daddy was so proud you went to his favorite breakfast restaurant! Yesterday, you and I went to the grocery store for the first time... You did great! I love my shopping partner! At your 2 week doctor check up (you were actually 3 weeks though) you got a great report! 8lbs, 11ozs! You've gained 2 full pounds since we've brought you home- healthy baby... And you love Mommy's milk! Today, on your one month birthday... Mommy has held you ALL day long. You don't want to be put down, and that has been fine with me. It's storming outside so I am happy to be lazy inside with you!! You are laying on my tummy while I type this. You have been wide awake for an hour now... Not crying or anything, just looking and talking (ok, cooing) with me! Its moments like these I don't want to ever forget. At one month, Lucy, you are lifting your head up, so strong! You like to fight your sleep and peep through one eye at us, listening to your Daddy sing calms you down when you are fussy. His favorite song to sing to you is "should have been a cowboy", this makes Mommy laugh.. A lot. Today you put your paci back in your mouth for the first time!! Usually you pull it out on accident and can't get it back in, but today... Whether you meant to or not, you did it! You wake exactly every 3 hours ready to eat,I'm so proud of your being on a good schedule already! Your favorite things right now are your pacifiers, being held by me and Daddy, and your swing. You fuss if your tummy has gas, if it takes mommy a long time to warm your bottled milk (or pump fresh), or if you have a dirty diaper. You like baths, a lot! You are focusing your eyes and turning to look when we call your name... So smart! You are just perfect, my Lucy. I love being your mommy! Your cousin, Jon Martin, was born this week. He is exactly 4 weeks younger than you! It's going to be so much fun watching you grow up with Weslee and Jon Martin. Noah and Meena will be showing you all the "ropes" around here. Okay sweet Lucy, time for me to stop typing and cuddle up with you- my favorite thing to do! Happy one month my baby girl! I love you SO very much!! Love, Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Kristen! These posts are just going to make me cry like a baby! What a precious little girl...I'm SO excited for you! You're going to treasure these letters for years to come...can't wait to meet this little one! Call me if you're ever in Oxford!

    ReplyDelete