Tuesday, October 18, 2011

3 months! Say what!?

Three months ago tonight at this moment, I was pushing... I had been pushing since five thirty and continued to push until exactly 7:31. 7:31, the moment my life forever changed. The moment the greatest baby in the world took her first breath! Why do my eyes fill with tears when I write that! My goodness, I cannot believe it has been THREE months. Time please slow down a little bit.
 Lucy is steadily  growing a little bit and reaching milestones each day. She is focusing on different objects, reaching for toys, loving her lovies, recognizing me, Daddy, her grandparents... It is simply breath taking when I walk into the room after work and she sees me... That smile.. Ah. There is no place I'd rather be. No matter what kind of day it has been, there is no such thing as a bad day once you see her smile... And kiss those cheeks...and feel her little hands grab at your shirt. Oh my. Tears again.. Geez. oh by the way.. she laughed for the first time this week! I was bathing her and singing.. making faces/sounds... you know- acting a fool! BUT she LAUGHED!! A deep, belly chuckle kind of laugh. The BEST moment.
She is absolutely an angel baby. Fussy only when she needs a diaper change, is hungry, or tired. She is still sleeping in our room at night in her bassinet... We will possibly attempt to move her into her crib in the nursery around 4 months I think... I'm just not ready to let her go "out" yet. Her nursery seems so far away! Besides, she sleeps from 9:00pm until around 5:00am without a peep... Like I said, angel baby. We just adore her.  (If you haven't noticed.. hehe)

What did I blog about before Lucy was here?! My mind simply doesn't revolve around anything except for her these days, HA! (probably why there has been a huge lacking in my blogging)
Anyways, lately my shopping has been holiday focused and on Lucy, of course! Lucy is fully clothed for Christmas! We have outfits for church,outfits for parties, outfits for pictures with Santa, outfits for Christmas card pictures, outfits for Christmas day, oh,outfits for Christmas eve! Outfits, hair bows, headbands, shoes! Here is a little sneak peak...






I know... Out Of Control! But won't she just been precious!?


Here is her Thanksgiving dress:

and her "first" Halloween wardrobe selection:


 Like I said... OUT OF CONTROL! :)


Colby and I did get to have a night out in Oxford recently! (which meant Lucy had her first sleep over at Khakis, my mom! She did great! ) We went to Oxford for the Georgia game... SO much fun! We saw all of our college friends and loved catching up with Heather and Jim. Fun, Fun! It was a great night. Other than that, I have been back at work with my Kinders, Colby is working and getting ready for hunting season, and Lucy is continuously stealing our hearts! Here are a few closing pictures!!
Happy Fall!!
What my baby is doing right now on her 3 month birthday! Snoozing away with her lovie and her pas-pas.

and here we are before church last Sunday:
A VERY Merry Mommy, indeed.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment