Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hello World, Its me: Mommy!

I'm back!!
I always thought to myself why don't new moms blog about their babies the day after they are born... news flash..... you are way more concerned with your preicous bundle of joy than your blog, but alas, I have finally found a "napping" moment that I can sneak away to the computer to update!!

Being a mommy is the BEST thing in the entire world... It is the purest form of unending love.  To say "I'm in love with my baby girl" is such an understatement.. but I am. SO in LOVE.  Not only is it this new baby that just has stolen your heart but your husband.. oh wow.. just wait girls.  I never thought I could love Colby more than I did, but I do! Seeing him with our daughter...ahh... its perfect.  He is just the best daddy.  I'm pretty sure I stand no chance of Lucy being a "mommy's girl"! Pure Joy! See?!


and this is what they do every night... (while mommy takes a bubble bath :) )
Cuddle Bugs!


So for all of you wondering how the "birth" day went, it was painless! Ha. yea... right.  BUT it was so totally worth it, and honestly... you do forget all the "rough" spots the moment you see your baby! It was such a neat experience. God is so good... the way he mapped out a woman's body to perfectly create, care for, and deliver a piece of His wonderous work... amazing.
About 1am on Monday, July 18th.. I started having contractions.. and they were the real deal.  BUT since I had already taken one "fake-out" trip to the hospital (I had contractions 4 minutes apart for 8 hours... but never dilated past one on the Tuesday before) I was very hesitant to "call the troops"... so I waddled out to the couch to sit and time the contractions.  They started out about 10 minutes apart... and by 5 am we had intensified and were having them about every 4-5 minutes... still... I wasn't convinced.. if I was going back- I was bringing home my baby!  So at 6:30am... the pain really intesified.  I was boo-hooing, walking into our bedroom and Colby wakes up and asks whats wrong?  My response... I'm having the baby, NOW. HA! Do you know what my sweet husband does?  Goes and fixes himself a bowl of cereal in the kitchen.. haha. I'm so not kidding...  When asked about this action, he replied "Baby, you don't want me to pass out while your pushing because I'm hungry, do you??"    Good thinking there, honey. :)
So I call the doctor and he tells me to come down to his office and he will check me.  We get there right around 8:00am.  By 10:15 he has us checked into Labor and Delivery to be monitored.  I was still only a little past 1 cm but since I was in pain and having contractions, he admitted us. In L and D, they start me on a drip because I was a little dehyrdated... and at 1:30pm... Dr. G arrived to "check us".  I had a whole "spill" planned of how I wasn't leaving without Lucy and he could induce me now so I wouldn't have to come back.. I didn't care about a C-section, I just wanted my baby" but luckily... He didn't need my persuasion! When he checked we were at 2 and a half, and my bag was bulging!! YAY!!
He broke my water... gave me a little pitocin to speed things up.. and we were on our way to Lucy's arrival!
By 3:00, I had received my epidural (THE BEST GIFT FOR PREGNANT WOMEN...EVER) and was 5 cm dilated... by 5:30... it was go time! 10 cm!
I pushed for two hours... it was the longest, but shortest two hours of my life.. it went fast.. but it hurt... like.... a lot. They had to tone down my epidural because I wasn't pushing correctly at first.. so the pain was intense, but I was glad they turned down the epidural so I could feel what I needed to do..  we were so close to having to have an emergency C... and I DID NOT want that.  Lucy Katherine had the cord around her neck and was sideways.. but our good Lord got us both through it and Dr. G had her out safely!  She was born at 7:31pm! It was hands down a day/night I will never ever forget... she was just perfect. Colby coached me through the whole time and kept telling me I COULD do it... I'm not sure how many times I looked at him and said.. I'm done.. I'm tired.. ha. but he kept me going!  So thankful for my husband.
Here we are before the delivery...


and here I am with my precious baby girl. 

"I've been waiting forever to meet you... and here you are!"

"Oh, I love you so much."

She is such a precious, adorable, sweet, GOOD baby!! Growing too quick for her momma!
She took to nursing like a pro...and loves to eat! She is sleeping well at night, too!
I do have to say that we are a little spoiled already but thats totally okay with me- I love holding her just as much as she likes to be held!!  

 

                                   
3 days old! I'm home!!!


5 days old!






She turned 3 weeks yesterday! I just cannot believe it. 
We spent the entire day at MRA in my classroom getting everything ready, too! What a memory.. she was at MRA at 3 weeks :)  ha.  (I only took her because my room was super CLEAN with the floors waxed, lysoled, etc. so little Lucy wouldnt get the "kids" germs because they haven't been there in 3 months! She slept in her bouncy while Mommy worked!  I have to add here.. Its so wierd knowing I won't be there on the first day of school! BUT I'm so glad I get this time at home with my Lucy!)

At three weeks, she is beginning to hold her head up, focus her eyes on you, turn towards you when you call her name... and fight her sleep! She loves to be wide awake after her 3 oclock feeding to visit with me.  This week her new thing is to be held against you, on her tummy- not so much a fan of the "cradle" hold for some reason.. I guess she likes being off her back for awhile!
We got out her Little Einstein play mat last night for her "3 week" happy... she wasn't quite ready for all its tricks and rattles.. but she did like the "tummy time" for about 3 minutes.. ha.
We go to the doctor today for her check- up! I'll add in how much she is weighing then!



 

Thanks for keeping us in your prayers.
Our God is an AWESOME God.

Go Be Merry!

No comments:

Post a Comment