Instead of "nesting" inside... Yesterday and today has been about "nesting" outside... yes. even in this heat. (DON'T FUSS AT ME.. Lucy and I are both still here, healthy as can be.. and yes mom... we drank plenty of water and came in for breaks)
It began yesterday morning as I was taking my newly adapted 2 mile (slow) walk around the neighborhood (remember... it helps with the inducing.. ha!) and I noticed how pretty all the yards in our neighborhood are... flowers are blooming... grasses are mowed.. it is just pretty and relaxing to look at. So then as I am approaching our yard.. I get the idea(s)...
Our yard needs to be mowed... and edged... and our beds need to be weeded terribly... and I think we need some new "color" to the side beds.. and a new flower basket for my stand... and possibly new pillows for our bench... yes. Changes.. and they must occur asap. (Poor Colby)
Entering the house, I am fully in the "we're going to do this" mind set (aka nesting: when things have to be "cleaned" immediately).
Colby leaves for work.. hehe.. Im so sneaky. so, I set off to work in the yard. First I weeded all the flower beds... and boy did that help tremendously!!! Now.. I didn't do it all at once... remember I'm 9 months pregnant, people! I did it in "shifts" but needless to say.. its done!
So after that... it had cooled down yesterday around 6pm and actually felt nice out.. I decided that I could mow the yard. So I push the lawn mower out to the yard, ready-set- pull the long string thing that makes the motor go and- nothing. Attempt #2... nothing. But what to my ears to I hear?? Colby's truck! He's here.. my hero!
If only he shared my same "nesting" mood... I was instead met with something that resembled the following:
"Kristen! What are you doing?!! What is that pile of weeds on the street... did you do that? You are too hot out here.. Get inside. Why do you have the lawnmower out!? etc. etc. etc." Blah Blah Blah.
BUT here's the most important part... He mowed the yard for me! Ah. Sweet husband of mine.. worked all day then has to come help me "nest". Ha. He also weeded with the weedeater and dug a trench around the flower beds because "Colby... I really want a separation between the grass and the beds" My O.C.D. may be more present than ever. He deserves a medal. We didn't even have dinner ready until after 8:30 either.. and he didn't complain once! Yes, I admit.. my priorities were a little skewed yesterday... but the yard was on its way to "pretty" so I was a "happy" nester.
This morning.. at around 6, (usually that is my time to go walking but today.. I had things to do) I went and finished pulling weeds from the other side flower bed that had grown up ridiculously. Then I went to Garden Works when it opened at 9, bought all kinds of pretty plants.. and came home to plant them! I did get to take a break this afternoon because Kel needed me to keep baby Weslee.. oh.. she is so precious and it made me so even more excited for Lucy's arrival!
Back to the plants.. they look so good.. and I am so proud of my "outside nesting"! Now let me clarify... I am NOT a gardener...but hopefully I'll be able to keep these plants alive. I did after all request "something I can not kill" from the employees at Garden Works... they wouldn't lead me astray now would they?
Here are some pictures of my now "pretty" yard!! It's all ready for visitors when Lucy arrives!
These are still our "old" pillows... new ones coming soon :)
See the pretty new plant?!
Close up of my new "basket" plant...
I wish I had taken a picture earlier.. it blooms nice and big during the day but closes up when its in the shade (or at night)
Same type of plant.. but I planted this one in the front flower bed.
Pretty lantana (in the back.. small... yea.. you can hardly see it.. but SOON it will be big and beautiful..right?) and our three red "new look" flowers ("new look" is the flower's name.. original... I thought so.)
See how pretty: a "weed-free" bed with newly added color! SUCCESS!
(and yes... one of those "yard birds" is on the far left under the crepe myrtle tree.. our neighbor gave it to us...dont judge)
Another "weed-free" flower bed! With a pretty trench around it.. Thanks honey!
On the far right.. that's the yellow plant I put into the ground.. it is "supposed" to grow taller.. fingers crossed!
My ferns! I love these ferns... and I have actually kept these alive since the beginning of April! Go ME!!
I thought I should also include the following picture as an example of "nesting"... I'm just so sure this counts.
You can sing "All our bags are packed... we're ready to go" as you view it.
Such a planner I am... Colby has only one "pile" to grab on our way out the door- you know...whenever it is "time" for us to head to the hospital!
However, Lucy seems to be pretty comfy inside since we are still only at 1 cm... so.. it may be awhile before we actually need these.
(enter Mommy frustration here).
"Nesting" includes SCRUBBING the inside of my house tomorrow... who's excited!!!???
Go be MERRY!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment