Monday, July 11, 2011

Before anything else, Love is Patient.

Lucy's mattress has been officially "wrapped"! Our BabeSafe Mattress cover came in Saturday. Yay. Safety precaution # 199 taken care of. Ha.  I also boiled all her bottles last night... not really out of concern like it should of been but more like.. I was bored... and so... boiling bottles before she uses them seemed like something I should do. Ha. Oh shoot... as I typed that I realized I probably should have boiled her pacifiers too! Yay, I have something to go on my "to-do" list :) haha.
Today's big task.. installing the car seat! Wish me luck...  I watched the "you tube" video of how- to... and I must say, it actually looks tricky! There's all this chatter over which side is the safest...unanimously rear facing in the middle of the backseat is recommended over and over again... and although it kind of seems like a hastle for me each time we go to get in and out of the car, I guess the middle is where I will "install" the seat.. safety 1st!

Other than being obsessive compulsive on safety issues for Lucy Lu... I have been working on my "back to school" theme this year...ready for it... Pirates!!
The bulletin board is already up (but covered)- I drew two children sailing in a pirate ship to a "beach" with the pirate treasure chest... I think the board will say: "Mrs. Mason's Kindergarten Treasure".  My plan is to take each of the children's pictures on "Meet the Teacher" day and then post them next to their names written on gold coins that I made... anyways... can you picture it? Pretty darn cute! Just wait for the pictures!
I am on maternity leave until mid-September but I plan on being at the school for "Meet the Teacher" (and of course Lucy and I will be there working a few days before to get my room looking good!)... Its going to be SO odd not being with the kids the first weeks!! But I know I'll love being home with Lucy. I cannot wait!


Anyways... I have a little morning devotional that I wanted to share this Monday morning... it may or may not be what you need to hear (read)... but the Lord definitely used it to speak to me so I had to share.


Love.  The last  few days I have looked at this area of my life.  I want to LOVE others... Jesus, my husband, my baby, my family, my friends, my neighbors, and STRANGERS... the way Jesus meant for us to LOVE. Years ago, I read the book "A love worth giving" by Max Lucado (highly recommended!). I came across it the other day while I was cleaning out a cabinet and flipped it open. Wow.  Look at the first thing I flipped too:
"God is being patient with you" (2 Peter 3:9). And if God is being patient with you, can't you pass some patience to others?  Of course you can.  Because before LOVE is anything else:  LOVE IS PATIENT.

Hello God. I love you and your subtle way of hitting me right in my core. WOW.

Now to think of how "impatient" I have been the past few weeks... and that impatience directly relates to how short I have been with my sweet husband, family and friends.. and I'm sure those "strangers" standing in this preggo's way in grocery lines,etc... oh and I have been demanding.. short tempered...and probably just yuck to be around if I'm being honest.  Is that the love I want to share with others?  Absolutely not.  I am so thankful that God doesn't treat us this way... his love is perfect.  His love is patient.  So patient even that when we venture off  His path, He waits with open arms for us to come back. 
Lucado states "Patience is more than a virtue for long lines and slow waiters.  Patience is the red carpet upon which God's grace approaches us."  Isn't that the truth?  We ask, and ask, and ask God to help us, save us, "do things" for us... but do we show him patience in our requests? I know I am guilty of the "now" prayer.  Help me NOW dear Lord... when really it should be "Lord, hear me and give me the patience to know that you are in control." It is all in HIS time anyways... patience should be our guide. Right? 
Love before anything else... Love is patient.

And after love is patient... Love is KIND. 
"Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you"  (Eph.4:32)

I'll leave you with one of my favorite songs...

 "I know that you are for me, I know that you will never forsake me in my weaknesses.  I know that you have come now, even if to write upon my heart.  To remind me.. who you are.  SO Patient, SO gracious, SO merciful and true, SO wonderful in all you do."



Hope you all have a wonderful week!! Be Merry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment