Soon, I'll have LOTS to blog about, that is, when we finally find out the sex of our Baby Mason!! 11 days and counting... February 22nd at 1:20 is our next appt! I. CAN. NOT. WAIT. I will get to start posting pics of possible nursery additions/wall paint/ crib bedding.... ahhhh.... YAYYYYY!
Now, I just find myself talking to the little baby Mason, hiding inside of me and asking... so can you tell Mommy if you are a boy or a girl.. Kick my hand right now if you are a boy... wait for it.. okay nothing.. so you are a girl??? oh wait, now you kick.. what did that mean? Seriously.. pregnancy can cause craziness... and lack of brain functioning. It is so amazing to begin feeling the movements of the baby though. When I finally get still at the end of the day and rest my hand upon "the bump" - it is such a cool feeling, like bubbles almost, sporadically (did I spell that correctly?) tapping against my hand. I LOVE THIS FEELING.
Moving on to another pregnancy topic... FOOD. YUM. The first 13 weeks of my pregnancy... I HATED food. Didn't want to smell it, taste it, see it, oh no... yuck. A slice of toast for breakfast and at some point later, much later in the day, I could get down a turkey sandwich, heated, from Subway. That was it. Period.
Now.... oh... now... at almost 17 weeks.... FOOD.... has become the BEST INVENTION EVER. I have a feeling my "I have only gained 5 and a half pounds" spill is about to go crashing out the window", HA!
Here are Baby and Momma Mason's current cravings:
ANYTHING pickled.... pickles, pickled okra, pickled corn... mmmmm....
"Fried" Bologna Sandwiches (which are really not friend.. just heated in a skillet... but oh if you haven't tried it... DO... today... add a little "durkees" and some lettuce... DE-LISH..)
Steak...
Frozen Yogurt... mmmmm....
These things... are ALL I want this week.. So weird. And by the way. The last time I ate a "bologna" sandwich was when I was 7. Just throwing that out there. If you are gagging as you are reading this, I do apologize. Call my husband... he can relate.
So since I can't post pictures of our nursery progress yet... mainly because there hasn't been any besides the purchase of our crib and changing table.. WHICH I LOVE.... I guess I will just add a few pics of what we've been up too lately...
We went to Oxford for my birthday weekend, and to celebrate Heather and Reese's wedding!
Here is a pic of me and Heather at her wedding reception in Oxford on January 29th! We had the best time... It was a beautiful day!! Almost Spring-like! I loved our bridesmaids dresses, too!
Can't believe I'm including this.. but... here "we" are at the wedding!
So fun! 15 wks preggo :)
We had SNOW this week... It is actually still frozen on the ground since it is only 27 degrees outside.
This is our pretty "snow covered" home! God is such an amazing artist....
In my K5 classroom we've started READING!!! I am so proud of my babies... We also celebrated our 100th day, and are in the process of learning about Presidents and America (George Washington this week- Abe Lincoln comes next week), Here are a few pics....
Our 100 year old Portraits!
Close up of our interactive writing
George Washington Portrait and Facts
Tonight, my wonderful husband, Colby, is taking me to see "Little Big Town" at the rodeo in Jackson! This is something we do EVERY year... (the rodeo, that is). It is something we both love to watch and I am soooo excited about our early Valentine's date night.
I'm hope my baby will even sport his "Championship Belt Buckle" that he won from the rodeo when he was a young cowboy himself! Last year he wore it, and kid you not, Regan and Emily could see it "bling blinging" from the other side of the coliseum. That's how big and shiny it is. YEEEE HAW Y'ALL.
Happy Weekend (and a Happy Valentines Day) to all of you.... Go Be Merry!!!









I may have a vague memory of you showing me how to "fry" bologna in a skillet when we were little! I've enjoyed reading your blog, and CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy :)
ReplyDelete