Saturday, February 19, 2011

Ahhhhh.... Saturday!

The weather is amazing today and I love it! Colby and I woke up and went to eat a yummy Primos breakfast this morning, then Daddy came over to help Colby move all the furniture out of our soon to be nursery! I got to go spend some time with my precious niece and nephew at Reunion playground! Love! They are growing up sooooo fast! All the excitement comes now... After I drove all the way to Flowood, just so I could enjoy some Berry Berry Good Yogurt, I arrive back home to my husband who is about to leave to go fishing. I ask him to quickly teach me how to shave our lab, Milly, because she is shedding TERRIBLY!!! So after he gets her tied up, shows me how to follow the hair with the shaver the way the hair grows, and comments "you'll be able to do this- it's easy". I am thinking, okay.. You 're so right. I CAN do it. So here I go.... Dog groomer here... Starts shaving away. Surprise, it really was not too hard! Hardest part being getting Milly to stand and sit when needed! So Colby leaves, "smooch smooch honey, have fun" I say, just as content as can be. So I get to the point where we are close to being done and I hear some boys walking up the street with their toy poodle. Dum duh dum duhhh..... Oh get ready. In two seconds Milly, now known as Milly the wonder lab, is running full speed ahead after the poodle. So fast, in fact, she broke her leash that was holding her tied up and kept going. So here stands pregnant me to save the day as both boys are screaming "HELP" at the top of the lungs. Here's the picture: poodle running down the street, dragging boy #1 who was holding leash, while Milly darts after them, while boy # 2 stares at me, pregnant, running/ screaming after Milly, as i still am holding the electric shaver! Oh if only it ends there... I catchup to Milly, drag her by her broken leash back to our yard, hold her between my legs as we finish her cut- remember this information if you come to our house anytime soon and wonder what happened to Milly's hair.... Anyways, yes there's more, I now decide it would be a good idea to go ahead and bathe Milly to get all the hair I've cut off of her. So my dear husband had moved the water hose to the other side of our porch the other day so I drag Milly over there. Find another "rope" to help hold her, and begin to wash. With the first squirt of water, Milly is IN the bush, IN meaning... In the flower bed, under a bush.... which is muddy (dirt plus hose water = MUD). Milly's face at this point is BROWN, solid brown, as well as the mud she has kicked up on me, and her body... We are covered. I already had white hair all over me, add water and mud and I resembled a chicken who played with the pigs all morning. Needless to say, I drug, literally pulled with all my might, Milly, back to the driveway side of the porch. After re-tying,moving the hose, and re-washing I now am stretched out on the couch while Milly is outside with her momma, Reese, on the back porch! Whoosh...... What a day. Note to all, this was a ONE AND ONLY. Now I know why Colby always did this!!!! And to think, he is laid back in a boat fishing... Hmph. I should have joined him! HAHA! Nursery progress: we have an empty room!! Ready for wall paint, and new carpet once we find out what the baby will be on Tuesday!! I did the "ring on a string" test, it said Boy! Both Chinese calendars also said Boy! We shall see!!! Boy or Girl, I cannot wait! And we even have names for both picked out and ready to meet their owner ;) Come on TUESDAY!!! Be Merry!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy this beautiful weather- and respect your dog groomer! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment