Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Winter Fun in our classroom!

 Winter is in full force here in Madison- inside our classroom and outside!! It was 25 degrees outside on my way to school this morning- BBRRRRR..... we even had an "ice" day this week. Crazy!
This is just an update from some of our winter activities the last two weeks.  Next week we move into our circus/zoo unit, I'll keep you posted!

Here is my Little Masters art class' work from our first week back to school:
K5- Winter landscapes in crayon, oil pastel, and paint

K4- Snowmen in "snow" - Oil pastel and paint

In our classroom- we are discussing Polar Animals... what better way to begin that with a yummy polar bear snack!
Ingredients: Sugar Cookies, Icing, Raisins, Oreos, and Bananas 



 This is our bulletin board for the polar unit- each day in morning meeting we complete "interactive" writing (whole group) and write our facts about penguins onto fish- why?? because penguins EAT fish! That's why!

We read "The Mitten" by Jan Brett and discussed details from the story here

then we graphed our favorite animal from "The Mitten"-  The Rabbit had the most votes!

This is our classroom door for January

Creative Writing- "If I lived in a snowglobe"

Our vowel sort snowman!  The children cut pictures and glued them to each "part" of the snowman based on the vowel sounds a, o, or u.. they did GREAT with this.

Our winter writing, "In the winter, I like..."  and our snowmen

This is our Little Master's art for today- we studied Claude Monet:
K4- Water Lilies

K5- Water Lilies under the bridge




That's all I have for today! 

P.S. Baby and I are moving right along... doing great!
Our next doctor appt. is on January 27th! HOPING to find out if Baby Mason is a boy or girl....
I'll keep you posted :)


Be Merry!~

No comments:

Post a Comment