Thursday, December 30, 2010

Silence is golden.... But hard!

Hello!!
Silence has always been hard for me... but in this case, it was necessary and a very special time for me and my husband!  However, oh my, am I so excited to finally share! I haven't been able to write a post in awhile due to this a secret we've been keeping (and my inability not to spill the news)!!!
 Now, onto the news because this MOMMA is about to bust!!!!!! Yea! You read it right! Colby and I are expecting our first baby in July... July 24th to be exact! We are sooooooooo excited and playing the "name game" each night even though we don't know the sex of our baby yet! Of course no names have been decided.. but it is a fun game!
God's plan for us is a baby.. a miracle of life- and His timing is always perfect- especially considering it is a SUMMER baby and I have the summer off from work, Yes! Thank you Lord for doing all things in your perfect timing... You are SO good.

Sooooo.... You want the details??? Sure! I have only been holding this absolute pure joy in for 11 weeks now ! Colby and I found out the Wednesday morning before Thanksgiving holidays via an early morning pregnancy test because I was "late" (I am NEVER late)! So-there we are, bright and early and- positive! And three...cough cough... Okay, only my very close friends know this true number, but any who...some odd number of pregnancy tests later (your welcome, Walgreens), all confirming that yes, we really are pregnant- I called the Dr. for our first appt! We went at 6 and a half weeks to see Dr. Gebhart (love him) and to see our little pea! It was only a tiny ball then but we heard the most incredible sound that day- whoosh whoosh bump bump- our pea had a heartbeat! 132 beats per minute!
So.... Back to work and life we went with the best secret in the world!! I'll fast forward through us sharing the news with our close family and friends at Thanksgiving ( it was so wonderful, everyone was so excited) and through my morning sickness spill- ick, thankfully better now...And get to the best part so far...
 Here we are! Baby Mason's debut!
11 weeks and precious already...

Meet Baby Mason!  

**Side note: The extra "sac" underneath is the yolk sac that feeds the baby at first- disappears by 13wks*

See my feet (top right)!!
It was incredible watching baby Mason stretch out their legs and then *quick* bring them back in! We weren't quick enough to get an outstretched picture, but it moved all around for us! A busy body like Mommy and Daddy already! :) 
Tiny hands and fingers.. oh my. so excited. 
Today our heartbeat was 170! Strong and Healthy... and looking good!!


Please keep us all in your prayers as we continue to grow in our mighty God's plan!

I wish each of you a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!  We will be celebrating/welcoming 2011 along with Margaret and Peyton as they become the SMITHS at the King Edward Hotel!  I can't wait to say "Happy New Year"  surrounded by my closest college friends!

2011 is SURE to be a GREAT YEAR (especially that wonderful day when our baby arrives!)

I'm sure you haven't noticed this.. (HA) but this is a VERY MERRY MASON signing off!
(okay- gooby.. sorry)

Happy New Year!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Kristen! Motherhood is amazing and I know you'll be an awesome Mom! Prayers for a smooth pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete