I won't try to put into words the entire last year but lets just do this: Lucy turned two in July and has made so many new milestones since 15 months (my last post).
For her 2nd birthday, we celebrated in BIG Elmo style... so. much. fun.
I set up stations for the children to rotate through. We had sidewalk chalk, ring toss, bubbles, crayons/markers coloring, and a ball pit. Chaotic? A little..but Fun? YES!
A few days before her party, Lucy and I went to the railroad tracks to capture the official "I'm two" pictures in her Elmo birthday outfit...
and we displayed them at the party like so..
The party was a success. Her birthday was a success... and she is officially a two year old toddler.
I can barely say that without crying. My baby grew up so so fast.
Lucy,
You are the sunshine in each of my days. I love you more than I ever imagined loving anyone. You have the most contagious laugh and smile and you love to make others happy. Your ability to speak in sentences at this age blows me away. You are such a smart girl. You know your ABC's and how to count to ten. You love to read books and always tell Mommy or Daddy what will happen next. We read every night at bedtime and I love when you look at me and wave your finger and say, "Just one more, okay?" You talk to everyone- at the store, you say "Hey" to each person we pass, at school you are friends with all, you love all of mommy and daddy's friends and greet them each by name. I love that you are so outgoing and friendly. God has great things in store for you and your BIG personality.
You are a great eater! You eat anything! Tuna fish on avocado or chicken salad and cream cheese from Beagle Bagel were your summer favorites- probably because they were my favorites, too! You drink from a sippy cup still but can use a "big girl" cup great, too. You still have a cup of milk each morning and each night. Your favorite juice is orange juice.
Your favorite toys are barbies, baby dolls (Olivia, Ellie and Baby-do), and anything of the Disney princess'! Dee introduced you to the movie Brave in June and you have been hooked since. You love to watch Brave, Tangled ('Punzel) and Cinderella. You are my little girly girl.. and I couldn't be more proud. I love to play princess' with you, or sit in your pink kitchen while you cook me the best pretend meal I've ever had. You are very creative.
You are still a great shopping buddy ... you'd just rather be out of the buggy than inside of it, but that's okay. You still go everywhere I go (we just use the time out chair and spanking spoon a good bit more than we did) One day, you'll be glad we taught you manners and "rules". I hope.
You are sleeping in your big girl daybed now and have never once tried to get out of it- which makes me so proud of you! I know that you know how.. but you wake up and call out to me each morning so I can come and get you down and give you a great big hug. I love this part of our day.
You are starting to be interested in what your wearing, which makes things interesting. I will put a shirt on you and you will look down at it, then back at me and say "I not like it". It makes me laugh a good bit.
In school, you are in the two year old "frog" class and learning all about colors and letters. You love to color and paint. You like going to school even though you like to make Daddy and I feel bad for leaving you. You cry a few days a week when we drop off but they swear you stop crying the moment we leave. I hope that is true. It kills me when you cry and I have to go but you are always smiling and playing when I pick you up which lets me know- the mornings are an act :)
On the weekends, we stay home a good bit and play around the house. You got a new playhouse outside so you play in that while Daddy cooks on the grill. You bring all your princess dolls and line them up in their seats. You also are a fabulous "hop-scotch-er".
I love our life. I love our family. and I absolutely adore and love you.
These have been the best "two" years because of you, Lucy.
I cannot wait for each new day with you!
Mommy and Daddy love you to the moon... and back.
Lucy, 2 years old








No comments:
Post a Comment